My Healthy Version of Spaghetti done with Spaghetti Squash bowl
I will have to say this is a household favorite and one of my personal ones. I have always had a life affair with Spaghetti and this one is amazing considering we wont be adding a bunch of cheese to the top or any noodles at all! I have been perfecting this one for years!
First of what you will need:
- 4-5 -1lb packages of extra lean ground beef
- 1 whole head of celery
- 1- 2 onions depending on size
- 3 jars of Classico (roasted red pepper) Its the only one without sugar!
- 2 cans of Huntz tomato paste with garlic. mmmm garlic
- 2 cans of mushrooms (if your spouse will let you)
- 2 to 5 giant hand fulls of spinach (optional)(get those greens)
- 1 red pepper (doesnt really which colour)
- 2 green pepper
- 5 gloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of basil
- 1 tablespoon of oregano
- 1 tsp of paprika
- salt to taste
- 2 to 4 spaghetti squashes depending on people serving
So this is the easy part:
This can make at least 2 dinners for 4 people.
Pre cook beef in pan on stove top until cooked. I like to rinse all the fat off in a strainer in the sink. Then add to pot
Then chop veggies add to pot.
Add all sauces including jars and cans of tomato paste. Stir.
Add all spices and stir.
Let cook together for 3- 4 hours on high on slow cooker or stove top for medium heat slightly covered until veggies are cooked.
Chop Spagetti Squash in half and remove all seeds. Lightly oil with olive oil. Sprinkle a little cinnamon, salt and pepper. Cook in oven at 350 degrees (c) approximately 25 to 35 mins or until soft.
Please enjoy and if you try it please Take a photo and post on instagram and use hashtag #bodytemporecipe !!!!